Implement these 3M Half Marathon pro tips for a smooth race week
The 25th annual 3M Half Marathon presented by Under Armour is less than three weeks away. Can you feel the excitement? There no better time like the present to take a look at some race week pro tips. These pro tips range from week of tips to what we strongly encourage you do once you cross the finish line. Whether this is your first 3M Half or your 13th, these pro tips will set you up for success!
Customize race day
- Let the professionals from FinisherPix capture your race day memories. Take advantage of the pre-race prices and order your photos today. Once the race begins prices go up! BONUS – follow these tips to get your best race-day photos.
- Show off that PR! Customize your commemorative 25th anniversary 3M Half Marathon spinning medal. Learn how you can personalize it with your name and finishing time.
The expo’s first hour is always the busiest
- It’s no secret, the first hour of expos is always the busiest. There’s an energy because of race weekend, the opening of the expo, and the industry’s top vendors gathered all in one place. Add the buzz from amped participants wanting their Under Armour shirt and world-famous 3M Half swag bag and you have a recipe for a busy first hour!
- Participants must pick up their own packet at the expo. Don’t forget your photo ID and confirmation number!
Stay near the start line
- Get a good night’s sleep before race day, wake up feeling refreshed, and walk to the start line! Book your hotel today and utilize the great rates secured by onPeak, our hotel partner. Just think, you won’t have to worry about parking race morning!
- Want something specific at the finish line? Don’t forget to drop off your gear bag. We’ll take it to the finish line for you, for FREE!
Run with the pacers
- The excitement at the start of the 3M Half Marathon is undeniable. Don’t get caught up and go out too fast! Running with the professional, Austin-based Twenty-Six Two Pace Team is an excellent way to reign in your desire to lay down the hammer.
- If you stayed near the start line, shuttles will take you from the finish line back to the start line after the race. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of time for you to celebrate with friends and family at the finish line festival! Shuttles will be located on San Jacinto Street between 11th and 12th Street. NOTE – shuttles are not available prior to the race.